- Add money via direct deposit up to $9,999.99 per calender day.
- Bank transfer from $200/day to maximum of $1,000 from Chime App or Chime Website.
- Debit Card transfer with minimum $25 to maximum $200/day (Note - Certain Debit card transfers are charged 3% transfer fees). These are typically instant transfers.
- Load through Green Dot MoneyPak with $1,000/day and maximum $10,000 per month. (Note - Chime is known for shutdowns for large amount of loads/unloads)
- Instant "Store credit" or "Earned credit". Store credit usually range from $1 to $10 range and does not have minimum purchase requirement whereas Earned credit requires minimum amount to be spent at a merchant. For more details check out this page.
Please note there are quite number of fees if you decide to do ATM withdrawal or balance check at an ATM. The fee schedule can be found here.
So, chime loads various offers which are either available online or in-store and would vary by location and are even targeted to specific audience, but the difference between Chime offers and Amex Sync promotions is you cannot add "Chime Offers" to the card. What it means is there are limited number of offers available and are on first come first serve (unless a promotion is specifically targeted to you). Below are few interesting offers available at thanks giving time:
- Spend $50 and get $5 earned credit at Target
- Spend $50 and get $5 earned credit at Walmart
- Spend $50 and get $5 earned credit at Best Buy
There is some interesting thing about Chime Card offers which you would have not heard before!
- Chime Card is a pure debit pin enabled Visa card.
- You get "Offer Credit" even if you used it as "pin based transaction".
- Chime does not charge debit load transaction fee for Debit card load from certain miles earning debit cards.
With above being said, I would highly recommend getting this card as they are having "holiday promotion" from Dec 1st to Dec 25th with interesting offers and you would want to have your card ready to jump on them!