Once you start collecting miles and money the next question is how to track them. Traditionally you could make a spreadsheet to track the miles and money on various programs and cards. But hold on, there are easier ways to track them and it will also help you not to lose those miles and money. On top of it these programs are free to join and you can access most of the desired features using the basic account itself. I have listed few of the tracking tools below.
Miles & Points Tracking Tools:
Award Wallet: This one is my favorite. This program not only tracks most of the airlines (Southwest Airlines and American Airlines are notable exceptions) and hotels but also various credit card loyalty programs, shopping, rental, dining, trains as well as surveys! Few of the notable features are listed below
1. Tracks miles and points balances for most of the reward program without any limit to number of programs you can add to the account.
2. Single account can track rewards for multiple family members and friends.
3. Option to store the passwords on your local computer so as to avoid any unfortunate compromising of account details.
4. Track all the upcoming trips.
5. Track miles & points expiration date so as to avoid losing your valuable miles.
UsingMiles: This program is very similar to Award Wallet. Some of the features are below:
1. It can keep track of miles and points as well as you can access bonus offers. 2. You can also track the miles and points for multiple family members and friends.
3. Dashboard feature allows toe see snapshot of all the programs you have miles and points on the front page.
4. Keep track of deal sites such as Groupon and LivingSocial.
MileTracker: This program is a USA Today product and has similar features for tracking all the miles & points and having one consolidated view of the same.
1. It can keep track of miles along with their expiry dates.
2. You can also track the miles and points for multiple family members and friends.
3. Check account history and recent transactions using miles and points.
4. Track any upcoming trips.
Money Tracking Tools:
GoWallet: If you are one of those who buys variety of gift cards to maximize earning cash-back or miles/points than this one is for you. GoWallet store all the gift card information at one place. You can access the information on the go using their Android or Iphone App as well. Below are some of the features:
1. Access your gift card information online or on the go.
2. It tracks gift card balances and thus you know when to throw away that gift card when it has run out of balance.
3. You could also use the information stored in the account to retrieve stolen or lost card information.
2. WildCard: This is a free Iphone App with rich features of using the App directly to buy stuff using the gift card at participating stores. The downside is not all stores are participating in the program.
3. GiftCard: This Iphone App is $0.99 in Itunes store but its week/pale compared to GoWallet.
How do you track your miles/points and gift card balances? Let me know in the comments below.
I love traveling / backpacking. This blog focuses on below 3 aspects of travel:
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies